Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Oh ya, that was me passing you....

The team had it's first chance to shake off the winter cobwebs and participate in a "race" this weekend here in Ottawa at the CN  Cycle for Cheo 2010.  It was a cycling race but they did allow inliners.  I don't think they were expecting skinsuit clad speedskaters. 

I can't be 100% sure, but I think our team finished the race before any of the cyclists.  Oh ya baby, we were THAT fast.  Decked out in spandex...who could beat us?  Really?

All the people on the sidelines were gasping in awe (a typical reaction when the see and hear our peleton) when we whisked by.  I am hoping to find some pics somewhere.  Stay tuned.

*update*

for all you cyclists reading this, in no way I mean to take away your thunder...  ;)  It was a great event for everyone even though it wasn't really a "race"....supposedly. 

As long as everyone had fun....

No comments: