Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Orchestra in the Park

Last week, the National Arts Centre had a brilliant idea.  Free concerts in the park with a variety of formats.  Opera, Vocal, Variety, Instrumental.  Each held on a different night.  Did I mention it was free?

I was able to get to 3 out of 4 nights (that I knew about) and it was great.  I much prefered the vocal night where the singers were belting out popular classical tunes from La Boheme and Seville.  The instrumental night didn't have the same flavour.  People were talking and chatting freely on the field.  It was annoying.

That being said, I hope that this becomes a regular venue each year.  It could have been a bit longer but I understand the logistical nightmare it must have been.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love outdoor concerts. There's nothing like listening to good music on a nice evening. ~sktngirl~