Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Results - Montreal 24hr Race

I am officially back in action after returning from Montreal this past weekend.  24 hour race was a huge success and my favorite to date by far.  The organizers changed a few things that made the race a bit more challenging...and slower...but all in all we adapted and made the best of it.  The course stretched along the Formula 1 race track loop for just under 5k.  Hills and sharp hair pins were par for the course.

Out of 119 teams of skaters, Ottawa pulled in an impressive 13th, 21st and 38th placing overall.  First place went to the team heavy with Olympians and World class speedskaters.  So unfair.  ;)  Our category placements were better but not as good as last year since we all got bumped into a higher cat within the last 2 hours of the race.  My team, counting down the last hour of the race while in 2nd place, was bumped up into another division which instantly placed us in 23rd.  We were not happy.  In fact we totally eased up and just raced for fun rather than placement.  Seriously....23rd place? 

All in all however, I have to say how impressed I was with my team.  Everyone seemed to have fun and it never felt like we were under pressure to perform.  Can't wait to get back there next year.
















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to read you had a great time this year. Sounds like I missed a good one. As for being bumped up to another category ... I'd be annoyed as well but deep down I'd be a little complimented too. ~sktngirl~