Saturday, September 4, 2010

A first.

So here I am sitting at a kitchen table grumpy as all hell.  Lost in the first round of a doubles match for the first time in my life (one without a bye)...I think.  Seriously.  6/4 6/4.  We were totally confident going into the match and seeing the opponents.  Maybe too confident.  Two tiny asian men not all that powerful.  However, how wrong did that end up being.  They were awesome at the net.  The net ninja on the other side had the most amazing touch on volleys I can honestly say I have never seen anything like it.  Either way my serve failed me and I only held 3 times out of 7.  Horrible stats.  Everything else was good.  Hit solid strokes, returns were fine but the serve just didn't do enough damage.

Still have my semi final singles match.  Here's hoping that goes a bit better.

No comments: