Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Connections

I find myself a dying breed these days.  What happened to those people who fostered relationships?  Where did the people that wrote letters go?  Seems they are disappearing quickly.  I won't be one of them that goes quietly...

I for one, don't buy this excuse of "we just grew apart".  Friendships, real ones, should conquer time and whatever life throws at them.  I try my hardest to stay in contact with those people who have inspired me or brought something to my life to make it better.  And yet I find that a good percentage of people in general are so caught up with what is right in front of their faces that they have forgotten about the people who have supported them in their journey.  Shame. 

So this week, I will reach out to those people who have aided in paving the path I have walked and ensure that I celebrate them and their achievements as they have celebrated mine. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wonder if some don't know how to be a real friend. There's this quote I read a long time ago that I love ... "a friend hears the song in my heart and sings it to me when my memory fails" ~christine~

rabidrunner said...

That's the most inspiring thing I've read in, like, eight years. I think I'll do the same!