Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Next up...Skates

Next on the list of items to be hung up this season are my skates.  Tonight marks the last night the team is coming together for some outdoor skating.  Hopefully we will have a good turnout.  Much like last year, I have decided not to skate indoors this year.  I just can't seem to get excited about going around in circles on a basketball court with pilons.  If it were a real track, banked...etc.  then maybe. Not to mention I can't see how it improves my skating THAT much from season to season.  Once the spring hits, we all seem to be on the same page anyway.  I'll focus on tennis, gym time and spinning classes and hopefully that will keep me in decent shape. 

I do hate the fact that we are not doing a training camp this winter.  I always look forward to our Mexican get away for a week or so.  Oh well.  Maybe next year.

In the meantime, I get to watch Joey the wonderboy impress the world with his dominance of this sport.  I'd pay money for those legs.  Forget the hard work...just give me implants.  ;)


Guarne 2010 - PS VideoLog 08 - The Joey Mantia Show (500m and 1.000m) from Powerslide TV on Vimeo.

No comments: