Sunday, October 24, 2010

Time to hang up the bike.

I was cycling what we in Ottawa call the "City Tour" the other day with a friend from the US.  It is a 40K loop that circles the metropolis area of the city.  Anyway, it was cold.  Really cold.  Full body tights and gloves..etc. kind of cold.  Not for me, that is for sure. 

While on the ride, we came across about 20 people participating in a cyclocross practice.  Poor guys and gals.  They only had about a one hundred meter loop set out on a hill and were just circling that for what seemed like hours.  How boring.  Well at least to me.  But then again, just over a year ago, I thought cycling in general was the most boring sport on the planet.  But then I bought a good bike, and realized that equipment really makes the difference. 

Anyway, all this to say that I think my bike has seen the last of the fall riding.  Average temps here are about 4 or 6 in the evenings which is just too cold for me.  Would rather be on the tennis courts (indoor) playing the sport that is in my blood.  So looks like spinning is starting on my daily calendar again.  Already did 3 classes yesterday.  If I can fit in 12 a week, that should get me back in shape pretty fast for my Bahamas trip.  Now if I can only get control over my junk food addiction.  argh.

No comments: