Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Over training - AND a shout out.

I hate to admit it but I think I might be over doing it just a tad these days.  2+ hours everyday of spinning 7 days a week plus tennis a few times a week is slowly taking its toll on me.  My right inside foot is all swollen under the ankle bone and I think that might be caused by the spinning classes and the heavy resistance I use on hill climbs.  Add tennis and the back and forth of that sport and there you go.

Today after a meeting I began to stretch and ended up pulling my left quad muscle.  That has never happened before.  Calf yes, quad, no.  Strange feeling.  Decided to take a break tonight and avoid the gym altogether.  Will chow down on some extra protein and an advil and hopefully that will aid in the recovery.  God knows I can't be away from the gym for more than a day.


And a super special shout out to Rabid Runner, http://www.rabidrunner.com/, who just finished the NYC marathon last week.  That is so nuts.  Running is just crazy.  Running for that long is just wrong.  I envy runners who can put their bodies through that.  No wonder they all look so good.  Hmmm, maybe I should take up running.  Duh why didn't I think of this before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cor ... sometimes our bodies need REST and when they do, they tell us. I think your body is telling you to rest a little bit. I suggest taking a day or two off before something else crops up ... just my two cents. ~christine~

rabidrunner said...

Well... I'll be! Thank ya!