Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Suddenly Bionic?

Something is amis.  A few weeks back, I began my 2010/2011 bulking program at the gym that usually results in about 10 pounds of pure muscle in about 3 months.  I have had great success on this in the past and as my body is "meant" to be husky, it revels in this program.  Plus, it doesn't hurt that I can eat whatever I want for 12 weeks.  Yee haa.

However, something strange happened this week.  I was having a great gym day yesterday and decided to really push myself to see how heavy I could lift, push and pull.  I was in store for a surprise.  Considering this is a 12 week program where your weight chart and weeks are pre-determined, you can imagine my shock when I was able to lift/push and pull my week 12 weights 9 weeks early!  Yup.  I fast forwarded 9 weeks worth of progress. 

To give you an example, I went from leg pressing 195 to 315.  Bench pressing 140 to 180.  Leg extensions from 125 to 165.  I have no idea what has happened but I am not complaining.  Time to redo my chart.   Looking forward to maxing out my sets even more but I know I will be in store for a whole new world of pain. 

No comments: