Saturday, March 26, 2011

A new day has come...

For the past 6 months (and for most of my life as a former fat person) I have been on a quest.  A hunt for the elusive 175 pound man.  That man is me.  However, after 10 hours a week of cardio, 5 hours of weights and P90X, that man is as elusive now as ever.  For all the sweat and time, I have only seen a loss of 9 pounds. 

So as of today, I am giving up that quest.  I am accepting that I will not be 175 until I am probably 70 and by that time I won't really give a shit.  I won't be worrying about spandex and best times and how I look.  I will be just happy to be alive.  I am relenting.  I am giving in to genetics.  I am embracing the muscle and will return to the meat head I have been in years past...before the skating, before the cycling.  To a time when my biceps were the size of my legs and my legs were as big as my chest and my chest rivaled those of professionals.  Yup, here comes the protein and creatine diet once again.  It works, it has always worked and there is just no use fighting it anymore.  The battle for the inner skinny guy is over. 

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Cor, I'm trying to lose the "baby" weight, but am failing miserably. This winter had kicked my ass. I hope the summer weather will come soon so that we can all just get outside and ENJOY ourselves!!! Don't beat yourself up over any of this. Live your life and be happy!!!
Love ya!
Cathy

Anonymous said...

I hear you on that Cor. I work out like a maniac and watch calories, etc but I just can't seem to lose anything significant nor look like I want to. It really pisses me off but my body is what it is. So I too need to deal with it and move on and just enjoy life. ~Christine~

lifein360 said...

My prob is that I can't seem to deal with it. I refuse to believe I can't control my body. However, I am learning it grows perfectly, just shrinks impossibly.