Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Stupid Woman at the gym

So I am on this massive lifting program that requires that I have a spotter for almost all of my sets.  For the first 4 sets, my spotter was great.  Suddenly he was gone.  On my last set, I asked a woman, maybe in her mid 20s if she could spot me.  She was lifting some massive deadlift weight so I figured that she had some kind of clue as to what she was doing.  Not to mention she agreed so I figured she was educated.  Was I wrong.

I told her I was doing 5 reps of my bench press.  For the first 3 I was okay but for 4 and 5 I needed some help.  To her, help meant saying "go" and "push".  As I was dying on my last rep she just stood there.  It took all my my power, not to mention bad form, to re-rack the weight.  I was so pissed I felt like ripping her apart.  Lesson learned.  Grrr

No comments: