Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Awesome long weekend ride....

Headed up to the Petit Train du Nord path in Tremblant this past long weekend for what ended up being an awesome ride.  In fact, it was the longest ride I have ever done in one go.  73kms along the old train tracks from Labelle to Nominigue Quebec. 

On the way back my body was letting me know it had reached it limits.  I could have done another 10k if necessary but I was quite thrilled when I got to disembark and stretch out.  My upper shoulder blades and neck were spasming so to move those guys around was bliss.  I won't get into the groin and butt soreness.  ;)

I should have taken a pic of the gang.  Forgot.  But here is a sat pic of the route.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool!!! We're hoping to go there this summer after the Montreal marathon. Joel is gonna skate it and I'm gonna cycle it. Just have to find a hotel in the middle of it for us to stay at. ~christine~

lifein360 said...

Christine, I think all 4 of us agreed that the path is no longer suitable for skating. There are some stretches that are okay but for the most part, it is rough with many crack and A LOT of ribbed pavement. Be careful if he does decide to skate.

Anonymous said...

hmmm, that's a bit disappointing to read. What town would be best for us to stay in. We'd like to do two different portions of the trail but not change hotels. Any suggestions? ~christine~

lifein360 said...

well it all depends on what kind of cycling you are doing. In Labelle there is the path that is gravel that goes in one direction and the paved path that goes in the other direction. All depends on the distance you want to go as well.