Sunday, July 31, 2011

How did I miss that

Today marked the first day I went out and skated with the 9am crew.  In the past weeks I just didn't feel up to it and when I did show up my back hurt so much I just bailed and got back on the bike.  Today was a bit different.  We did some sprints and attack drills that had me kinda forgetting the back pain.  Of course it didn't last long and before I knew it I had to stop.  It was great fun though.  Much more exciting than just plain ol pack skating...although I love that too.  But that isn't the point. 

The whole time, I just felt so tired.  Worn down.  Shakey.  I didn't know what was going on.  Then over brunch with the family, I was yawning like a mad man.  Couldn't keep my eyes open. Got home, took a mini nap and still I felt so weighted down.  Well it is just now, at 4pm that I remembered that I took my allergy pills at 7am.  You can guess the #1 side effect.  Yup...drowsiness.  Duh.  Now I remember that last year I only took them at night.  Lesson learned...again. 

Sprint and attack drills = Jello legs. 

No comments: