Sunday, August 14, 2011

Allow me a moment...

This is a post with attitude...a bit snarky if you will.  So be warned.

For those of you out there, that say things to me like "there is always something going on with you", said with sarcasm and mean it in regards to injuries...you can fuck off.  Seriously.

A day doesn't go by where I am not enjoying myself doing at LEAST 2 sports.  Be it, tennis, squash, cycling, running, skating or weight lifting.  Sometimes 4 or 5 in a day.  So of course I am prone to hurt myself more often than the average active person.  Other than my fall 2 years ago in Montreal (which took almost a year to recover from) and my recent pretty serious herniated disk injury, I go injury free most of the time.  I have the regular aches and pains like anyone else but as of late I haven't been lucky in the injury department.  But I usually don't let it stop me.  I pick up another sport or alternate them....almost NEVER taking time off.  Whether that is smart or not. 

So when you see me or don't see me, before making some asshole comment, just be a bit more considerate.  I am coping as best I can with the injuries and don't need your condescending comments to push me down even more. 

Thx.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes people just don't get it. When I get hurt, I sometimes get the "if you didn't workout so much you would get hurt" ... pisses me off. I hope you're healing up. ~christine~

lifein360 said...

People are so fast to comment but it is all about control and ego.