Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Sorry seems to be...

I had a pretty random thought the other day while driving.  That happens to me alot.  It is a symptom of a mind that just does not quit spinning.  Anyway... I was thinking that with all the friendships we have and with all the cross conversations that go on between mutual friends, there MUST be times when other people feel you have betrayed, lied, double crossed, crossed the line, insulted or manipulated them.  (I am sure the list goes on). 

And people that feel this way almost never comment on it or bring it up to the person who they feel this way towards.  They just go along with life and the relationship doesn't seem to be affected.  Or is it?  Can it be the same?  So many people live their lives in silence and complacency that I fear that we are losing those connections.

I know for me, Mr. Speak His Mind, I get myself into situations where people THINK I am talking about them but I am really not.  I am often talking about situations or moments in time.  If I want to speak about you, I will mention your name.  When I post a blog or a facebook post about something that has pissed me off...if it was YOU...I would write your name happily beside my post.  ;)  Ok, maybe your initials.  However, on that note, I know that people might think I am writing or talking about them randomly.  For this I am sorry.  For all the times when you have felt I may have wronged you in whatever way...know that was not my intention.  And don't be afraid to call me on it either. 

We all know situations like this happen.  How?  When info filters back to us on conversations others have had.  You know it happens to you as well.  It is like the "Telephone Game".  By the time the info makes a full circle, a simple innocent detail can turn into a menacing one.  So don't be afraid to ask for clarification.  Go to the source.  It is the only way to make sure things stay true and relationships remain honorable because sorry seems to be the hardest word to say after the fact.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course there are times that people feel betrayed, etc. but I think the one's that don't get in your/my/our faces about it are insecure and worried about losing a friendship so they keep quiet. I don't get it because, well, me, I'd confront someone and sort it out. But, that's just me. :) ~christine~

lifein360 said...

I agree. I don't like unconfirmed details floating around. I am a huge believer that perceptions, especially false ones, can totally destroy people.