Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Update and Gluten Summary

I know it has been a while.  Sorry.  I have been chillaxin' in Vancouver for the past week.  I had planned on taking advantage of their late summer (high 20's temps) and doing some cycling, skating, swimming, climbing the Grouse Grind and LOTS of tennis but alas, my calf injury from last week had other ideas in mind. 

For the first 4 days I was unable to walk more than a few hundred meters at a time.  It was a royal pain having to spend all my time doing nothing.  However, after some daily stretching, by the end of the trip I was feeling much better.  I had 2 very hard massages and they seemed to help a lot.  But too little too late.  Although it was a wonderful trip that I wouldn't change, it would have been nice to follow through on the things I had planned originally.  Oh well.  There is always October.

This also marks the last week of the Gluten Free diet.  I can honestly say that I haven't noticed much of a difference.  I have no more energy than I normally do, I weight the same (maybe one pound down) and I feel no less bloated than usual.  I haven't hated the experience but I haven't loved it either.  It is very hard to stick to in todays society especially for someone like me who eats out on a regular basis.  Finding good gluten free food (that isn't a salad) is pretty hard to do in most restaurants.  Keep in mind I don't eat seafood/fish and rarely eat red meat.  So all in all, I am not sure I was the right candidate for this experiment.  But I don't regret it at all.  I would say that officially the results are inconclusive without having my vitals measured.  I'll stay open minded...  ;)

No comments: