Monday, October 3, 2011

Ow, that does hurt.

This weekend marked the start of the yoga program I was supposed to start months ago after I hurt my back.  I put it on the back burner for a time because the sun was shining and I just couldn't stand being indoors during the summer.  Alas, the summer is over and all my activities have now transitioned indoors. 

So in 3 days I did 2 yoga classes.  Who knew I would sweat so much in yoga?  Ya, it was hard.  I rocked the balance portion and didn't do too badly on the standing strength poses but once we got to the abs, core, back and hamstrings...things fell apart quickly.  There was no real pain...not like I was expecting anyway, but there were lots of spasms and mini cramping.  Especially in my lower abs, groin and hamstrings.  The day in between was not pleasant at all. 

But I will push through.  Tonight is a 90 minute class and I will be there with bells on....and a bigger towel. 

No comments: