Friday, June 22, 2012

Musings

Weather in Ottawa has been awesome.  Plus 40s all week.  I am loving every minute of it.  Nothing beats exercising until you are totally soaking wet in the hot sun.  Makes you feel like you have pushed yourself to the limit even if you haven't.  lol

Hit the skates this week and it is just not the same since the back injury.  Not sure what I am going to do.  Back, Hips and Groin keep me from any kind of proper technique or speed.  I feel like a rec skater all over again.  Sigh.  I will stick with it when I can but I don't see myself being able to hit the 30kph club again any time soon.  But maybe I will get lucky and with more outings my body will adapt a bit more.  Here's hoping.

Thankfully back at the gym again.  All that work travel had me missing my program and it showed right away.  Felt like my muscles deflated.  But I'm back and loving the pump.  With advice and guidance from my power lifting friends and trainers I know in the states, I have added some new exercises to the routine.  I am expecting big things. 

On the Bro front, he is doing really well.  He looks a lot better and has put on some weight.  His spirits seem to be high and his motivation is there.  I am hoping that he reaches out when/if he needs any kind of help.  I haven't been the best brother in the past but I'm willing to be whatever he needs now. 

Apart from that, life, as always, is good. 

No comments: