Sunday, July 22, 2012

No title.

My buddies death is still plaguing me these days.  It has me thinking about all sorts of stuff.  Mostly, and I guess most sadly is that we really don't remember people much.  Do we?  I mean, sure we miss them right off but pretty quickly, life moves on, we forget, we process and continue.  We are only reminded every so often that this person or people we once knew are gone.  So this train of thought has me thinking about the grand scheme?  If we truly make so little of an impact to each other, what is the point?  It only seems to matter when we are alive and face to face because once gone, we become such a fleeting memory. 

I am not sure if it is society at large, our busy lives or whatever, but there used to be a time when death and all that had much more of an impact.  Right?  Now it just seems that we close the chapter, tell some funny stories, shed a few tears and move on.  I don't know what I expect but if that is all there is, I don't know why we bother. 

I hate the idea of death.  Of not being here, of not having an impact.  Seems like once your living impact is gone, you have none at all.  We spend so much of our lives craving for attention, acceptance, love etc. but it is such a false sense of security since once we're gone those things are so easily forgotten. 

It's not like we can walk around like mourning zombies either.  I get that.  I know that life moves on.  It is just sad, to me, how easily we tend to forget.  Our lives seem so much more important that the people around us who we should really stop and get to know....better.  Lest we forget them. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said.

Anonymous said...

It is a sad reality. I've lost a number of people in my life and there are times when I struggle to remember things about them or some times spent with them. It's quite upsetting to realize that my memories aren't clear. ~christine~

lifein360 said...

It makes me glad I write almost everyday in a journal. Not this one of course. That way I can always go back and read about friends and experiences and events that have made an impact. It helps me keep them alive in some way.

Anonymous said...

I should do that because there is so much I've forgotten. That would definitely be a way of keeping them alive in a way. ~christine~