Friday, August 17, 2012

Ouch

Sooo I have begun my Active Release therapy for my legs.  There is really no way to describe this type of physio.  By the time I am done my 30 minute session, I am soaking wet in sweat, have a massive headache and am so tense I almost feel like going home to bed.  Not to mention the pain that follows you around all day.  I keep reminding myself that this is all needed to get better.  I do NOT want surgery. 

On top of my two tears, my doc says I have abnormally tight hamstrings which is no doubt causing my hip, groin, back and leg problems that have plagued me over the past 3 years.  But she says that in time, I can make great gains in correcting the issues.  But of course, it comes at a cost.  Lots more physio and strangely enough... a lot of yoga. 

Yoga...I have done it a few times but never really considered going more than occassionally.  Looks like I am going to have to wrap my head around this if I want to continue playing my sports at the levels I am accustomed to. 

So overall, I am in good spirits.  I really can't complain too much.  Pain will eventually go away and in the end I will be at a better level than what I started at.  That is the goal after all. 

Leaving for holidays in a few weeks.  Can't wait.  To swim in the warm waters of Italy and Greece will at least calm my mind if not these sore legs.  Now if only I can get my passport back from Passport Canada.  Bastards are taking forever.  The countdown has begun.

No comments: