Saturday, October 20, 2012

80 days to go.

So far so good.  There have been a few times when I found myself trying to talk myself out of doing my class but after an internal arguement with myself I didn't miss a single day.  Even last night, after a dinner party, I was doing my workout at 10:30pm.

The journey has been a great one so far although I am so sore all the time it is little bit of a pain in the ass.  I don't mind upper body pain but pain in my legs and junk is just getting tired.

On the good side, when I started, I was lifting 15 pounds for most classes and even that was heavy.  But now, with dedication, I am surprise how fast my strength and muscle endurance has increased.  I am up to 25 pounds for almost all of the exercises.  Yay.  On the downside, I still haven't managed to make it through the whole 90 minutes of yoga.  Although I do other yoga classes 3 times a week, this 90 minute class just wipes me out and the moves are much more advanced.  I am not a great twister I have discovered.  I hope as time goes by, the body will give up a few inches when it comes to yoga.

As for the sugar, I have been on point.  Not a single grain for over a week.  Except for last night.  I had a small, really small, slice of red velvet cheese cake.  Of course I paid for it with a massive headache.  Not sure what that is all about.  I was expecting a huge sugar withdrawl but it really didn't show up.  And not having carbs was a bit hard in the beginning but now I am just fine.

Today is Yoga at the gym, Chest and Biceps AND Ab ripper X.  Phew, it is going to be a tough day.  There will have to be a nap in there somewhere.  ;)

Until next time.

No comments: