Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Ab Ripper X

After speaking to my physio expert, she gave me the "go" to start aggressively working on my core this week.  I have been doing very simple tennis and gym stretches for my abs, groin and back but nothing crazy.  Just a few movements from yoga and such.  Still hard though.

Today was the first day I used the Ab Ripper X routine from my P90x challenge.  Wow.  It is only 15 minutes long but there are no breaks.  Not even one.  And the moves are NOT easy.  There are 350 ab repetitions in 15 mins.  25 or so per movement.  I could only do 5-10 of each movement.  Sometimes less than that.  The "boys" were screaming in pain.  I wish I could have set them aside.  On the coffee table for a while.  If only.

I cramped a few times but I was told that it was to be expected.  I am dreading tonight while trying to sleep. Should be fun...ouch.

I can only get stronger...

Apart from that, the sugar free element is going well.  I caught myself this afternoon drinking my recovery drink when I realized that is MUST have a glucose delivery system.  Indeed I was right.  31 grams of sugar per serving.  I was quick to spit out the drink and pour the rest down the drain.  See you in week 5 yummy sugar drink.  ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldnt have said it any better to be honest! keep up the awesome work. You are very talented & I only wish I could write as good as you do :) …