Sunday, October 14, 2012

Stage one

I know I know.  I've been slacking.  But I have good reason...I've been training!

I'm into week 2 of my reboot to p90x.  I tried it once before and couldn't stick with it because of my schedule.  It was summer, the tennis courts were calling me...etc.  But now that winter is here and the outside is closed to me for 8 months, I figured it was a great time to reboot the program.

So far the results are great.  It is a hard program.  Really hard.  Like really really hard.  But the workouts I don't have a problem with.  I'm a gymhead, I can take anything.  But the food...now that is my challenge.  1600 cals a day?  No carbs for 4 weeks?  No sugars?  Yikes.  Today will be my first day in limiting my sugars.  I am a sugarholic so this will be deadly for me.  The only time I am allowing a bit of sugar is for my coffee.  I can't drink it black.  So gross.  But as of today, no more chocolate (which I eat everyday), no more sugars in food, sauces...etc.  Decision has been made.  Foot has been put down.  Consider this your warning everyone...I hear the sugar withdrawl attitude is brutal.  lol

So stay tuned.  Updates will be varied when I have time.  On a plus side, after only 2 weeks, I am able to touch my toes again.  With all my injuries, I haven't been able to do that in over a year.  I can equate this to the yoga and stretch DVDs of the program.  And my physio.

Let the fun continue.

2 comments:

rabidrunner said...

Dude. 1600 calories is starvation. It'll kill brain cells. (Sorry, you prolly want encouragement, but I'm here to say that you're too much man for 1600 calories. Hell. I'm too much woman for 1600 calories.)

lifein360 said...

You are right. Redid my numbers. 1900 then up to 2200 in week 5. Much better.