Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Babies, Pins and Push Ups

Great news all around.

First of all, my sis by another miss, Kelley has popped out a baby boy.  Gabriel.  Felt like forever before I was going to see this little guy.  Felt like 9 months.  Sheesh.  Congrats to John and Kel.  Big Love to all three of you.

Here is a pic of the little guy.  Fresh as can be.


Secondly, Kim got her pins out of her leg today.  Gross.  I won't get into too much detail but needless to say she is well on the road to recovery.  I foresee her back on her bike and kicking my ass as soon as the snow melts.  Sorry I don't (thankfully) have a pic of her knee.  

And last but not least I am 2 days into Phase 2 of my challenge.  OMG I can't even describe the pain I suffered on Monday night.  More push ups, this time in slow motion.  Ouch.  And then even more..but from a semi standing position.  How do people come up with this torture?  

Today was plyometrics.  I hate them.  Passionately.  I might just come up with another routine to replace this particular workout.  It kills my lower back and destroys my groin with all the jumping and lunging.  Thinking of cycling instead by not sure that those classes would burn as much calories.

Anyway that is about it today.  

3 comments:

Matt Consolini said...

worse than slow mo pushups is the "games style" pushups where when you come down, you lift your hands off the floor before pushing back up.

A minor change that makes pushups at least 100% harder ;P

denny said...

Ever try games style pushups? Like a regular pushup but when you come down, you lift your hands up off the floor before pushing back up. Minor change that makes pushups hard really fast

lifein360 said...

Matt, how the heck do you lift hands off the floor? You mean one hand at a time right? Otherwise you need to show me that trick.