Sunday, November 25, 2012

The wagon.

To keep it simple, I fell off it this week.  The workouts were there, don't worry about that, but the food was a bit off.  I was on training for work all week and didn't have the options I would normally have when it came to lunch and snacks.  I wasn't about to pay 10 dollars for a salad when a slice of pizza was only 2.99.  So there were a few bad moments to say the least.  However, at dinner I made the right choices.  It wasn't all a waste.  And on the workout front, I went up another 5 pounds on my weights.  I am spending too much money on this...lol.  But I can see the diff in my upper body for sure.  I still can't believe how hard this program is.  200 push ups in one session...really?  I'm still pressing play.  6 weeks to go.

But alas, the pizza wasn't the worst of it.  After 7 weeks of being very careful with my sugars, I not only fell off the wagon I willingly jumped from the damn thing.  I don't know what it was but I could NOT get sugary treats out of my mind all day yesterday.  Maybe it was because I have been depriving myself for so long and it just built up.  Who knows?  All I do know is that I could not stop thinking about it.  It was like an old addiction coming for a visit.  So I caved.  I had syrup with pancakes and a chocolate bar.  Not together of course.  Hours apart.  Strangely however, I noticed a very interesting thing afterwards...although they were very yummy, they didn't give me the same feeling they used to in the past.  Hmmm.  I didn't expect that at all.  I was kinda left feeling, blah and unsatisfied.  Not sure what that is all about but needless to say I am back on the wagon.  I don't think it will be as hard to stay on track now as I have allowed myself to cheat and found it to be kinda useless.

Back on the courts tonight for the first time in well over a month.  Since my physio issues.  I am kinda nervous but really looking forward to getting back to my passion.  It is seriously the "thing" I think about when I wake up and the last thing before bed.  I am lucky to have been able to play this sport for so long.  I only hope I have many more years left.  I hope you all experience this feeling about something in your life.  You just can't beat it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always thought that skating was my passion but lately I'm wondering about that because I am really, really beginning to enjoy running .. a lot. I'm glad that you have your passsion. ~christine~