Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The end is near

So I am in the last few weeks of my first p90x journey. And with such a short time left, I have made tweeks to the program to ensure I get the best result.

For example, I have noticed that although I CAN lift 30 or 35 lbs for most of my shoulder and bicep work, I get a better burn and workout when I lift 25s. My body reacts better with the 10-15 reps than it does with the 6-8. So this last stretch will be more reps rather than big weight.

Secondly, I find that doubling up on workouts you enjoy keeps you motivated more than forcing yourself to do a class you hate. Or better yet, find a replacement. For example, sometimes I just can't handle doing yoga, so instead, I go onto youtube and I follow an online yoga class and stream it to my TV. These classes are a bit less intense but just as good of a workout. It is better than not doing the class at all.

And lastly, and I hate to admit that it is almost the most important element, you just have to keep a food journal. When you see the calories attached to the food you are eating, you make better choices. It is as simple as that. You can't lie to yourself when you see those numbers.

I have lost 3 inches on my waist, although I still can't see it. lol But I know because I am down 4 belt notches. No arguing with that. Now if only my baby belly would pay attention and drop 3 inches. Sheesh. But maybe that is due to the pancake I had this morning. ;)

No comments: