Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Results Show

So my P90x journey is finished for this round.  Here are my thoughts.

1.  For once in a long time, I stuck with something from start to finish.  And followed the instructions.  lol  For that, I am most proud.  Sure there were some skipped days but I always made up for them.

2.  To be honest, I didn't get the results I wanted...but that was totally my own fault. I am happy with what I see so far but I could have done better.  I did not follow the eating plan like I should have.  I didn't think I needed to.  I figured I ate healthy "enough" to pull through.  I was wrong.  For this next round, I will eat like I should be eating and taking my own advice and keeping my food journal up to date.

3.  It is hard.  Really hard.  And yes, Tony Horton gets fucking annoying.  Just press mute and put on your fav music.  It is all the same.  At least you are pushing play.

4.  Like any program, I found the results were best cooked up in the kitchen.  No matter how hard I lifted or how much weight I curled, it was what I was eating that made the difference.  When I ate crap, I didn't see results.  When I ate well, people commented.  It isn't rocked science.

5.  The most important thing about this program is that it is the same as every other program out there.  If you don't stay consistent and keep up with it, you will fail.  And then blame the program.  It would have been easier to do it with someone but thankfully I had my beachbody crew to help me out and keep me accountable.  That was also key.  With people keeping you honest and providing encouragement, it made it all just that much easier.

As you know, I don't weigh myself so I can't tell you how much weight I lost.  But I lost 4 notches on my belt.  I would say about 3 inches on the waist all together.  Start was 36/38 and I am now in my 33s quite comfy.  On the downside, I lost a bit of my tush.  Which I didn't want.  But I guess you can't help where it comes off.  I was hoping for more love handle loss but at 42, beggars can't be choosers.  Will try harder next time around.

So here are a few pics.  Be nice.  If you know me at all you know how much I HATE taking my shirt off.  HATE HATE HATE!!  Keep in mind that my results looked much better last week before I went to mexico and gained 100 pounds on enchilladas and tacos.  lol  But seriously, it is all pretty much the same look.  Just more tanned now.

As for the muscle, I did for sure lose some size in the past 2 weeks.  No doubt about that.  But I blame that on the very little protein I have been eating lately and the absolutely NO exercise over the past 15 days.  I am sure that in the coming days, whilst getting back to the gym, I will fill out again quite nicely.  Expect "before" pictures this time around.

So thumbs up to p90x.  I will do it again for sure.  Thanks to those of you who provided positive comments over the past 3 months and those who supported me through the website.  I appreciate it.






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cor, I think you look fabulous. You shouldn't hate taking your shirt off. ~christine~

lifein360 said...

thanks C. It is just one of those things. Can't explain it. Just does not feel natural at all. LOL But thanks. Looking forward to the next round for sure.