Sunday, April 14, 2013

Another Quickie

Days are pretty full these days.  Tennis is becoming a full time affair again and I couldn't be happier.  It is truly what I was meant to do.  Brings me so much happiness when I get to play with friends new and old.  Even if I lose.  Which is rare.  ;)  lol  But seriously, no matter how crap work can get, tennis, friends and family always seem to balance it out lately.

Cycling season is just around the corner as well and I might buy a new bike.  Haven't decided.  Getting my severance payment soon so I can treat myself a bit this year.  Not sure what do buy...time will tell.  Either way, I am looking forward to getting back on the bike.

Skating....well that is a bit different.  I just don't think I will ever get back to the level I was before.  My back hurts all the time now, even on good days.  Years of physio and nothing is helping.  Weight loss and better diet didn't seem to do much either.  And now with the new meds I am on, one of the side effects is hip and back arthritis.  Lovely.  So I will do what I can but I don't see myself in very many marathons anymore.  But before I close that door, I will do my best this year one last time.  However, if at any time I feel it is deterring from my tennis fitness, that is it.  Hanging up the skates.

P90 is on hold as you know.  Just don't have time with all my other things on the go, but I do enjoy the odd dvd workout.  It is worth it for sure.  But I do enjoy being back at the gym as well.

Looking forward to travelling a lot soon as well.  Busy Busy Bee is me.


No comments: