Monday, May 6, 2013

Jello

Yup, that is what my legs are made of right now.  And I love it.

Last week was one hell of a week.  I played over 15 hours of tennis and cycled over 60ks over the course of a few days.  I know that doesn't seem like much but considering I haven't been on my bike in months and it was my first rides of the season, I think that is pretty good. 

Yesterday, Urs and I pumped out a pretty quick 35k in the CN Cycle event.  Although we left 5 minutes early to avoid the large peleoton, we were never passed along the way.  When I arrived at the finish line, the guy at the line said that non of the 35kers had come in yet.  So in my mind, we won.  ;)  lol 

Right after that, I had 2 hours of tennis in the bubbles at the rideau.  The non air conditioned sauna bubbles.  It was gross.  Within 40 minutes you were swaying from the heat.  Not to mention, I was soaking wet.  When your arms sweat, you know its hot.  Anyway, by the time that was over, I could barely walk.  Advil and a cold shower were heaven.  Plus the deep fried tofu didn't hurt either.  Yum. 

I am soooo looking forward to more weekends like this.  Bring it on summer. 

No comments: