Friday, May 16, 2014

Vegas

What can I say about Vegas that hasn't been said already about a million times.  OH I know, it isn't Vegas that makes Vegas so special and unforgettable.  It is the people who share it with you that makes it so unforgettable.

My version of Vegas was so memorable because of the crew I was rolling with.  Both versions.  The large extended 12 of us and the more intimate smaller Kentucky Krew (+ 1)  ;).  I feel so lucky to have been able to hang out with 3 of the coolest guys I know.  Whether it was walking the strip, laying judgement on all the white trash tragedies around us or shooting semi automatic weapons, I never felt more connected to a bunch of guys.  It was a week I won't soon forget.  In fact, it has joined my all time fav vacation list.  And not because of where I was, but because of who I was with and what they made it for me.

Cirque de Soleil "O" was so cool.  Had my heart in my throat a few times with all that high diving.  I don't know how they do it.  I highly recommend it.

Shooting guns at the Range 702 was the most fun of our activities.  4 guys, 4 guns.  Need I really say more.  As the rookie of the crew who had never shot a gun before, I totally impressed myself.  Especially with the handgun.  All head shots!!  It was an amazing time.  And the reaction of Mike after shooting a shotgun was priceless and will go down in Vegas history.  You just MUST go if youre ever there.  Put away the fear and do it.  You won't regret it.

I have learnt that I have no talent for gambling.  None.  Every machine I touched seemed to suck the money right out of me.  And quickly.  I had a bit more fun and luck at the blackjack table but someone convinced me to play a few more hands (when I was already up) and low and behold that was that.  Cleaned out while he walked away with a handful of chips.  Not mentioning any names.

DAVID on the other hand (see above lol) had the magic touch and probably came home with about 100$.  Now I doubt he broke even but he did come out on top where the rest of us only had bruises to show for our gambling experience.  Oh well, it was fun.  That was the most important thing.  Playing blackjack in old vegas with a 21 year old dealer in a bikini was one of the highlights.  She cleaned us out in 6 hands.  LOL  It was so funny...well not so much.

And no matter what anyone tells you, even with blackjack, the house will win.  I don't know how it works but the house will win 70% of the deals.  Just a cold reality.  I can't imagine what poker is like as you are playing against people at the table as well.  Screw that.

Other than that, the food was over the top expensive, everything was smokey and smelled like vanilla cigarettes and the people were beyond comment.  Seriously.  From thongs and flip flops to oscar style dresses.  There is something for everyone.

But my piece of advice...go with people you care about or really close friends.  They will make the trip so much better.










1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pics Cor and the blog about your trip. But you didn't mention how the flying went. I'd be curious to know. ~christine~