Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I know it has been forever...

Give me a break, its summer and I'm busy!

Life is great.  Summer is here, the heat has returned, tennis is awesome, the gym is peaking and I couldn't be happier. 

David came down for my Bday and we spent the week eating out (pigging out) all over the place.  Julie and Holly came over for chow, we went to Kelley and John's for dinner one night, not to mention the 2 visits to So Good for tofu (Sergio and Ursula) and other good stuff.  Baton Rouge with my family for birthday ribs and a meal or two with Chris and the next thing you know, it was time to go to the airport again.  :(  But I am not complaining.  I am lucky with what I have so I won't tempt fate at all.  We are already on shaky ground her and I. 

Gym life is great.  I am off creatine for a while and funny enough, I dropped 6 pounds of water weight in the first 2 weeks.  I never realized how much water you retain with that stuff.  It gives the illusion of size which sucks when you get off it.  All the gains you THINK you made are reduced to just a fraction of your perception.  But something is better than nothing.  With the help of Johnny (my workout partner), I am not hitting personal bests on almost every machine.  I am benching 255 and am on the way to 285 this week.  I think in the next month I will be able to pump out a clean 300 pound bench.  Yikes.  Other than that, the cutting is going well.  I miss sugar.  I still have toast but other than that bread is a no no.  Forget pastas altogether.  Limited rice as well.  My goal is to be in the 190s prior to traveling to the states on labor day. 

Tennis is also going great.  Found a new hitting buddy who is 20 years my junior.  God I feel old.  But he is decent and makes me run like the wind so that will help in the overall fitness.  But combining the gym and tennis at that level on the same day is proving to be very difficult.  My muscles just can't handle that all the time so I have to plan a bit better in the coming days/weeks.  Other than that I can still boast a fantastic win lose record.  By now I am about 100 - 6 for the year.  I am going to introduce some pro level players into the mix to really challenge me.  You can only get better when you get beaten.  So that will be a new mindset for me.  I don't think I will like it.  lol

Deeeeeep breath.  Life is great.  Send money.  lol

No comments: